- Grade 12 student at Windsor Secondary School
- Spent 3 months at Hootsuite (July – Sept 2014)
- Joined Mobile Web team
- Working part-time while finishing school
- Spoke about hyper-connected teens
- Worked with @adam_arsenault, @dgolovan
- Follow @cbolton97 on Twitter
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Bringing new Facebook and Google+ functionality to Hootsuite Mobile Web
- Rewriting page navigation logic to use Backbone.js
- Improving the mobile web experience by fixing UI issues, closing security holes, and speeding up ajax loading performance
Hootsuite provided me a chance to hone my technical skills. Working with a user base as large as Hootsuite’s proved to be an exciting challenge for me, and was definitely out of my comfort zone. I’ve come to realize that working in such an environment allowed me to not only cement the knowledge I’d previously acquired, but expand my abilities.
Collaborating with senior developers on issues gave me the security that I was going in the direction, while also giving me the safety net needed to let me branch out and experiment. The past summer has not felt like a job, but rather a bootcamp on steroids. The experience at Hootsuite has been invaluable to say the least.