- Studying Bachelor of Computing Science at Thompson Rivers University, Kamloops BC (2017)
- Spent 8 months at Hootsuite as a Co-op (January 2015 – September 2015)
- Joined our IT team aka ‘Nerd Nest’
- Worked with applications like Google Admin, Procurify, Okta, Casper, Zendesk, Facebook@Work
- Follow me @rendevouz09 on Twitter
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Worked with Procurify to get IT inventory in shape
- Worked on rolling out Okta our Single Sign On
- Worked with the Casper roll-out and the post-rollout help desk tickets
- Solved more than 1100 help-desk tickets, reported top ticket solver for 6 months
- Our first IT co-op. Wrote a blog post From School Books to MacBooks
This has been, hands down, the best summer.
One of the best things about this job was not feeling like a co-op because my team handed me real work. The trust into me made me feel that my contribution in everything is significant. All of my teammates invested significant amount of time to train me to how to use our tools and applications. The tasks can be challenging sometimes, but you get to learn so much, that in the end they’re just fun and rewarding. I can undoubtedly say that this place has solidified both my technical and non-technical skills.
I’ve always said that Hootsuite has some of the most intelligent and talented people, and now I can say that I got to work and socialize with them. I am going to miss chatting with these knowledgeable beings and learn about different things. I have gained a lot of valuable skills that are going to help me in an array of different fields in life. So, if you’re passionate about what you do and want to work in a fun as well as nourishing environment, Hootsuite is the place for you.
Like what you see?
We’d love to work with you. Speak to your co-op advisor and check out our careers page.