- B.Com Candidate studying in Business and Computer Science at the University of British Columbia (2083)
- Spent 8 months at Hootsuite (January – August 2016)
- Joined the Data Lab team
- Worked with Scala utilizing the Akka frameworks, interacting with AWS technologies
- Worked with @ElThue and @ypodeswa
- Follow me on Github
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
His Key Contributions
- Collaborated with Hootsuite’s Data Lab team to create a data pipeline for aggregating, cleaning and unifying Hootsuite’s various data streams
- Assisted in migration towards a new Scala-based microservice responsible for performing ETLs user activity statistics
- Added new marketing metrics for member and organization stream-usage
- Ensured continued data quality during Hootsuite’s plan restructuring
In his Words
I started to school hoping to explore the converging worlds of finance and the technological revolution which is transforming it, and began to realize a pattern. In a sector where information is priceless, big data is supplying large profits to those able to able to gain insights from the organized chaos. Intrigued, and yearning to learn more, I joined Hootsuite to learn how technology companies turn data into information, and the trends to look out for in this fast-moving field.
On my first day at Hootsuite, I thrown immediately into a new initiative to provide data for a new analytical platform being rolled out to project managers and analysts. I was lucky enough to experience the entire lifecycle of the project, and contribute to all facets of the pipeline. Throughout this initiative, I have gained an understanding and appreciation for the dangers and nuances in data-related infrastructure design, and peeked under the veil covering the black-box of data-processing.
Like what you see?
We’d love to work with you. Speak to your co-op advisor and check out our careers page.