- Studying Software Engineering at UVic (2017)
- Spent 4 months at Hootsuite (September to December 2014)
- Joined our Android team
- Worked with RxJava, Dagger, Volley
- Published Asynchronous Android Programming
- Teammates included @JohnathanHarms, @Mike_Worth, @BCPrelude, @tangree
- Follow me @devincorrigall on Twitter
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Added a server override feature to allow developers and Alpha users to toggle server-based settings
- Created a version killswitch to allow old unsupported app versions to be discontinued
- Built an Image Viewer to create a better user experience when viewing and sharing images
- Refactored old Async Tasks to now use RxJava for better control and maintainability
- Published a blog post on Asynchronous Android Programming
Hootsuite has been an amazing company to spend a co-op work term with! It gave me the opportunity to learn more about Android development and discover cutting-edge technologies such as Dagger and RxJava, all while having a fun time every day at work.
I was able to dive right into real code my first week, and develop a feature to override server based settings on developer and alpha versions of the app. Keeping with the “working out loud” company value, I had the exciting opportunity to demo the functionality I created to the developers of Hootsuite during the All Hands meeting the following week. Since, I have been able to continue working on exciting and challenging tasks on the Android team, and learn much more than I ever expected.
A friendly and upbeat culture is present throughout the offices, with exciting events and many positive individuals. A co-op work term at Hootsuite is a great way to learn about so many different aspects of software development, be challenged, and have fun!
Like what you see?
We’d love to work with you. Speak to your co-op advisor and check out our careers page.