- Studying Computer Science at the University of British Columbia (2019)
- Spent 8 months at Hootsuite (January – August 2016)
- Joined our Android team
- Worked with RxJava, Dagger, Java, and Kotlin
- Worked with @simtse, @benhergert, and @WesAlcock
- Follow me on Twitter
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
His Key Contributions
- Worked on adding new functionality to publisher streams
- Added a system to encourage users to provide feedback
- Contributed to adding Instagram search streams for android
- Wrote a blog post on Unit testing with RxAndroid and RxJava
In His Words
As the first company I’ve co-oped with, Hootsuite has provided me with a memorable and educational experience. From my amazing co-workers to the friendly culture, Hootsuite does a lot to make you feel comfortable even if this your first time working at large company. At the very outset I was building new features like Instagram Search alongside my co-workers as full member of the team. It was amazing to see features I worked on being released to users just weeks later, and see the impact my work had on the business.
Working on the Android team was an amazing technical experience. It was interesting to learn about new libraries like Dagger and RxJava and use them in my code. Additionally, seeing the process the Android team had for evaluating and introducing Koltlin is something the will serve me well in the future as Kotlin grows in popularity among Android developers.
Like what you see?
We’d love to work with you. Speak to your co-op advisor and check out our careers page.