- Studying Computer Engineering at the University of Waterloo (2017)
- Spent 4.5 months at Hootsuite (August – December 2015)
- Joined our Security and Compliance team
- Follow @andydotleung on Twitter
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
His Key Contributions
- Designed and developed our security operations dashboard used to assist in security monitoring and security incident response
- Improved the security incident response process which resulted in more sleep and productivity
- Conducted penetration tests on new Hootsuite features
- Responded to security incidents
In His Words
My co-op experience at Hootsuite was truly amazing. I’ve never experienced such a smooth and thorough on boarding process. It really helped me understand the various processes in Hootsuite development and operations and the business and culture of Hootsuite.
My mentors spent a lot of time training me with penetration testing tools/processes and system administration. They gave me a lot of options, trust and autonomy to improve Hootsuite’s security operations. Besides the technical aspect of security, they also showed me the GRC side of security. They provided a lot of inspiration and gave me a lot of advice on how to further my career in information security.
Outside of work hours, there were a lot of opportunities to pretend to be a tourist (I’m originally from Burnaby) and explore Vancouver and neighbouring areas with the other co-ops and full-timers at Hootsuite.
Like what you see?
We’d love to work with you. Speak to your co-op advisor and check out our careers page.